Monday, September 19, 2011
Gavin's Top 15 Fitness Tips
Gavin McKay was recently interviewed on his top 15 fitness tips.
Here’s what he had to say:
1) Find an exercise program that has structure and a timeline to follow.
2) Try a detox or cleanse to start becoming more mindful of how food affects your mind and body.
3) Address eating habits 1 at a time versus all at once, i.e. don't make it an all or nothing situation.
4) Try some new form of exercise to get you inspired, New always motivates.
5) Navigate towards healthy fit people, it will rub off. The same is true of unhealthy people, it rubs off.
6) Ensure your exercise is balanced including cardio, strength and flexibility.
7) Don't go it alone, do group exercise, running clubs, buddy system, etc.
8) Find ways to be active every week, even on vacation. Biking and running is a great way to explore a city.
9) Fitness is an individual thing, trial and error to see what works best for you.
10) Don't psyche yourself out, like it is a so hard to workout regularly and eat well, it is a gift to yourself.
11) Clean out all the processed crap from your house, all of it!
12) Stop going for fast food, use it only in a jam.
13) Balance your meals as much as possible with veggies, carbs, fats, and protein.
15) To burn fat but back on processed carbs and increase vegetables.
Labels: Fitness Tips