Feeling sluggish or out of sync? Having skin problems, aches and pains, or digestive problems? Straying from your healthier habits lately? Having trouble kicking off your weight loss? It might be time for a cleanse.
Cleanse? I shower…isn’t that enough?
Unfortunately not, with thousands of chemicals now being used in food processing, preservation, and storage, as well as commercially in household and personal care products exposure to environmental toxins is virtually unavoidable. It is more important now than ever to put some protection in place. Here at Fusion we offer seasonal cleanses to help people experience detoxing from an accumulation of bad food habits throughout the year. Seasonal cleanses are great and we highly recommend them, however it is also important to cleanse the body on a regular basis. You can detox everyday by taking some simple actions that will result in big changes. Keep reading on to find out 10 amazing and simple steps to shed unwanted pounds, get healthier looking skin and feel energized throughout your day…
What is a cleanse?
Cleanses and detoxes have been practiced for centuries by many cultures around the world, including Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine systems. Detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
Before I Give You The 10 Steps, Where do you begin?
First, lighten up your toxin load. Cut back on alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and hydrogenated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products. (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, toothpastes), and substitute with natural alternatives. These things may not seem harmful in the moment, but over time they have a huge impact on your health.
Another deterrent to good health is stress, stress which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. While these hormones can provide the "adrenaline rush" to win a race or meet a deadline, in large amounts they create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver. So it's a good idea to detox stressful life situations along with detoxifying your body. Try Yoga, Mediation, taking a walk outside and other simple and effective slowing down tools. When's the last time you just sat outside in nature and didn't have an agenda?, Took a walk just to wander and not to get somewhere? These are good things to bring into your life. Our minds really need to take a chill pill more than we think!
How does detoxification work?
Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. It does this mainly by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren't properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
10 Easy To Follow Steps To Cleanse Everyday!
- Avoid processed foods, refined sugars and alcohol as much as possible!!!!!!!!!!!! (I can’t stress this enough)
- Add lemon to water to aid digestion. (Drink 1-2 glasses of water in morning before your breakfast with lemon for best results.
- Chew food well to aid digestion, which helps put less stress on the kidneys and liver. (slooooooow down when you eat basically)
- Cleanse and protect the liver by drinking green tea and taking herbs like dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle. (detox teas sold at most supermarkets contain these gentle herbs in them)
- Get regular massages. (This helps to move toxins out of the body by physically pushing them through and out of the muscles)
- Cranberry juice detox cocktail. Mix 2 tbsp plain, unsweetened cranberry juice with 1tsb green powder (chlorophyll powder like spirullina, chlorella or wheatgrass. Combine with 1 cup of spring water for a drink you can have any time throughout your day. (For a great morning beverage add some psyllium husk fiber to get things moving)
- Consume fresh vegetable juices as much as possible!!!! (There is nothing quite like the nutrients your body can soak right up from a veggie juice, stick to the more green vegetable based ones with minimal fruit added)
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Sweat in a sauna or head out for some physical exercise so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
- Dry brush or scrub your skin in the shower every day (Your skin is the largest organ on your body, scrubbing it will allow open up the pores and let go of any clogging that has occurred)
Antioxidant Rich Foods
Berries-- Cherry, blackberry, strawberry, raspberry, crowberry, blueberry, bilberry/wild blueberry, goji berry, black currant, mulberry, pomegranate, grape, orange, plum, pineapple, kiwi fruit, grapefruit, guava, lemons, limes.
Kale, dandelion greens, chili pepper, red cabbage, peppers, parsley, artichoke, Brussels sprouts, spinach, lemon, ginger, red beets.
Broad beans, pinto beans, soybeans.
Pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, ground nut or peanuts, sunflower seeds.
Raw/ dark chocolate 70% or higher