Monday, November 09, 2009

No more Phillies, no more Septa, no more Excuses

I've been standing idly by watching the attendance for training plummet during the World Series and Septa strike, but it's all over now so no more excuses. And don't even try to use the holidays as an excuse, it is way too early but I was astonished to hear it already. If you say I'll wait til after the holidays to start back up, that is 2 months of sedentary life, lots of baked goods, gravy, cocktails and deserts that are going to add up by January putting you way behind the 8ball. Come back now and you'll start hitting a stride by January into the Spring.

I'll say it a million times, consistency is the most important factor and to me consistency doesn't mean working out 5 times per week every week. It means not ever letting exercise leave your life completely. Keep it on your survival list with things like eating, working, sleeping, etc. not on the list with things you can put off forever like cleaning, painting, finances, etc.

As for the Phillies Run, don't get me wrong I was watching the Phillies in their run. It was an amazing time for the city and the fact that I train Jen Utley draws me in that much more, but sometimes you have to sacrifice a few innings or swings of the bat. On 2 different occasions I would watch every other inning as I was fitting in my workouts in my new basement gym. I'd get a few sets in during the commercials or when the Dodgers/Yankees were up, then head back up stairs to see if anything happened. The stairs became part of the workout. Go out to a bar if you want for a big game but if you go out for every game that adds up to a lot of extra beer, nacho, wings and burger calories. Don't make the Phillies your excuse for gaining weight, but if you already did their is no better calorie burning workout than Fusion Cross-training.

Men 600-1000 Calories per Fusion Workout
Women 400-700 Calories per Fusion Workout


As for Septa, it was short lived but hopefully people realized a few things:
  • public transportation is a very efficient service
  • many of us have zero movement in our daily routines
  • just maybe your commute was a lot nicer and shorter than they thought on a bike or foot
So stop making excuses and start making more time by placing exercise on your survival list. And by all means necessary, do not wait til after the Holidays!

No comments: